Aged Care Consulting
We work with over a dozen aged care facilities in the Blue Mountains and surrounding areas.
We provide “by referral” or regular monthly visits to manage the nutritional health of your residents. We work with our facilities to:
– develop a nutrition management plan
– complete nutrition screening (e.g. MNA, BAPEN MUST).
– manage, administer and chart nutritional supplements.
– be available to attend case conferences.
– provide seminars and workshops to staff on a range of topics e.g. nutritional supplements, food fortification, nutrition screening, intolerance and allergies and diabetes in aged care. We can also tailor these presentations to the specific needs of your group and a range of other topics can be covered.
We have access to a range other health professionals available for tailor-made seminars on your topic of interest- including physiotherapy, podiatry and exercise physiology.
Menu and Food Service Consultancy
– Development of tailored menus.
– Comprehensive menu analysis using food composition database software.
– Dietetic assessment/interpretation of the menu analysis in a report format including proposed changes and modifications.
– New recipes for the proposed menu changes.
We have extensive experience working with people living with disability.
We believe good nutrition empowers people and that health education must be accessible, inclusive and relevant to our unique circumstances. As experienced NDIS dietitians, with extensive experience working with people living with disability, we’re committed to providing comprehensive, credible advice that promotes a person-centred approach to wellbeing.
We proudly support adults and children living with disability, working within their self-managed NDIS plans to provide highly targeted nutritional consultations and home visits. Thrive Nutrition and Dietetics has extensive experience with PEG and PEJ feeding, making us a trusted choice for clients requiring this support within the Blue Mountains region and surrounding areas.
We take self-determination seriously. By prioritising our client’s specific needs and goals, we ensure our nutritional strategies facilitate empowerment, independence and strong health outcomes.
Working with individuals living with a variety of physical and intellectual disabilities, we consider the capacity of our clients to implement these strategies and adjust our delivery to suit their preferences and capabilities. Through this adaptive consulting approach, we also ensure our client’s caring support network are equipped with clear and comprehensive advice and can confidently make nutritional decisions by proxy as required.
Thrive Nutrition and Dietetics specialise in individual and group home consultations that include:
- NG, PEG and PEJ feeding
- Weight management
- Diabetes (Type I, Type II and Gestational diabetes, IGT and insulin resistance)
- Gastrointestinal nutrition, food allergy and intolerance (e.g. irritable bowel syndrome, lactose intolerance, fructose malabsorption, coeliac disease, inflammatory bowel disease, diverticular disease, low FODMAP diet).
- High cholesterol
- High blood pressure
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Fussy eating
Our seminars and workshops are suitable for individuals living with disability, carers, health professionals and support coordination staff, covering topics including:
- nutrition to support people living with disability
- intolerance and allergies
We work closely with health professionals across speech pathology, physiotherapy, podiatry, occupational therapy and exercise physiology to ensure we can customise presentations based on the specific requirements and interests of your group.